Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 6, 2012

You Don't Look a Day Over 39

Today the state on New Mexico is 100 years old.  At 58 years of age I have been alive over half the time New Mexico has been a state.


As Danny Dearest said in his Facebook status yesterday, we have lived in Fair New Mexico one-third of the time it has been a state. All these numbers comparing me to the state of New Mexico are making me feel, well, a little old.

 This is the flag of New Mexico.  I know from experience that it is much easier for elementary students to draw than that whole two men shaking hands thing that Kentucky has going on. While I think the flag of my home state of Kentucky is very inspiring, it is difficult for your average fourth grade to draw.  I know.  From experience.

Danny Dearest and I consider New Mexico to be our home.  We have grown to love the mild winters and brutally hot summers.  We love the Organ Mountains that are, quite literally, in our backyard.  We love that we can get 3 inches of snow one day and it be melted and gone the next.  We love the southwest culture and the wonderful people we have met and grown to love.  We love Hatch chili and the Mexican food it graces.

So, in honor of the birthday of our adopted home, I present singing...corgis!
Happy 100th birthday New Mexico.  You don't look a day over 39.

No comments:

Post a Comment