Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 6, 2011

Apple, Pear, or Maybe Frog?

Before you read this particular blog remember that I am not a medical profession.  I am a retired elementary school teacher.  While I have extensive experience applying Band-Aids to boo-boos, I have no experience diagnosing medical conditions.

Much has been made of in the news the last few years about body shape and the medical implications of the particular body shape you happen to be.

There is the pear shape...

According to my exhaustive internet search (I googled it and looked at ONE WEBSITE), women of this shape are more likely to get cellulite and varicose veins. 

There is also the apple shape....

According to the same exhaustive research that I put in for the pear shape lets me know that this shape has more serious medical implications.  Apple shaped ladies are more likely to have fat surrounding their internal organs.  This kind of fat decreases insulin sensitivity, raises blood pressure, and decreases levels of HDL (good) cholesterol.

(Wow, do you feel like you just had a health lesson?)

I always thought of myself as an apple.  You know, I have short arms and skinny legs attached to a rather round body.  But on second thought, I began to think I was more like a T-Rex.  Short arms attached to a large body equals T-Rex.

 See those shorts arms.  It could be me.  Especially with the attitude that this T-Tex seems to possess.

But while walking around the old Champion homestead, I saw a little something that best exemplifies my body shape...



This little wind up best shows my body type.  Round missle, short arms, and long skinny legs. 

It's me!
So if you will excuse me, I'll go sit on a lily pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment