Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Boy, a Box, and a String

Before I begin, I feel the need to update all the bloggysphere about the temps out here in the sunny southwest. 

The prediction for today is 107 degrees.  Let me repeat...ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN DEGREES.  And the whole dry heat thing...

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

107 degrees is hot no matter how you slice it.  Of course, I just checked The Weather Channel app on my phone and it said that it may only get up to 103 degrees.

Brrrr...I may need a sweater for this "cold snap".

Enough of my temper tantrum, now to what I really wanted to share with you today.  About nine or eight or seven years ago, I was teaching  a preschool Sunday School class at our church.  The lesson was about how young David would help by bringing food to his brothers.  The craft for this lesson consisted of a string connected to a box which the children were supposed to use to pretend they were David taking supplies to his brothers.  Being the always over prepared teacher that I am, I had leftover  box/string contraptions which were in my living room.

Mr. Jacob found one of the box/string contraptions  and a favorite toy was born.
Who needs fancy toys when you have an imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment