Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good Shopper? Yes Ma'm, I Am!

So, have you ever received one of those Kohl's cards that give you $10 off any purchase?

I get them regularly and try to use it efficiently.  In other words, I try to spend as close to $10 as possible to try to spend as little as possible.  It sort of a game I play ith Kohl's.  They aren't aware of the game but we play it every time I get one of those little cards.

Today I took my little $10 off card and made a trip to Kohl's.  I thought I would probably purchase some underwear or socks, you know something really exciting.  But first, I decided to look at the t-shirts.  We are leaving Saturday for our Medical Mission trip to Nicaragua and I like to take some t-shirts for in the evening after all the work is done.

I saw a rack of half price shirts but one shirt hanging with them didn't really look like the others.  In fact, I liked it much more than the others.  I started looking for the price tag and couldn't find one.  I asked a clerk, she really didn't know the price.  She suggested I take it to the register and they would be able to tell me when  I checked out. 

Now I don't know about you but I like to knw the price BEFORE I check out so I walked to the back of the store and asked the Guest Services clerk to find the price.  She clicked on her computer, looked at me, and said, "This is your lucky day.  It is 90% off.  It is $2.40."

"$2.40?" I said.  "Do you have a dozen?"

Alas she had no more of the $2.40 shirts but I did decide to look a little closer at the clearance racks.  I found two more that were $10.60 each which is not to shabby.  If you are keeping score, that's one shirt for $2.40 and two for $10.60.  After my $10 off card, I spent $14.00 for three shirts!

And now for the photos.

First the $10.60 shirts...

Not bad, huh?

Now for the $2.40 shirt.  I tried very hard to take a picture of me wearing the shirt but I apparently lack the photographic skills tdo that, so here is a floor picture of the shirt.
All righty then!

No comments:

Post a Comment