Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 19, 2011

I Guess I Getting Older

Today's post will be in the form of a list because I'm having trouble putting a coherent thought together and a list will sort of keep me on track.  That's the theory.  We'll see if it works.

1. Today I braved Wal-Mart on a shopping expedition.  I know...I know, but I needed several random items and Wally World is the only place in town that offers one stop shopping for random shoppers like me.  One of the things that I was in the market for was this rather humble household item.
Paper napkins.  And guess what?  Wal-Mart apparently does not carry paper napkins.  Are people no longer wiping their mouths when they eat?  Or do Wal-Mart shoppers only use cloth napkins?  I have visions of people all up and the Mesilla Valley with dirty mouths and sticky hands.

2.  Before my soiree to Wal-Mart, I stopped by Taco Bell for a gourmet lunch.  Taco Bell and Wal-Mart.  That's what my life has become since I retired.  But anyway, at my local Taco Bell I placed my order and the cashier told me my total which was about a dollar short of what I thought I should be.  I look at her with what was probably a quizzical look and she replied that she had given me the "senior drink" which was free.

She gave me FREE SENIOR DRINK.

WITHOUT ASKING ME IF I WAS SENIOR AGED.


So let's recap.  I am complaining about the lack of my favorite product at a local shopping establishment and was given the senior prices at a eatery.

Just call me Memaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment