Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In Which I Channel Homer Simpson

Yesterday I waxed poetic (in my humble opionion) about my troubles with my wireless internet and my provider, Comcast.  I may have even recalled metaphors about Mohammad and moutains.  I have MAY (and I say MAY) have been a little haughty in my assessment.

So the story picks up about noon yesterday when. on Danny's advice, I called  Quest who is our provider for our land phone and the internet line to Danny's desktop computer, to see what their price for wireless was, for comparison purposes you understand.

I called the very nice lady at Quest and asked her what the charge would be to add wireless internet to our current Quest plan.  And guess what?

WE ALREADY HAD WIRELESS THROUGH QUEST AND WERE PAYING FOR IT.
Yes, it was a Homer moment.

All I had to do was to configure our box  (which a very helpful Quest technician walked me through) and I could access the wireless for which we had been already paying for years.

I shall be calling Comcast and canceling the service for which we have been double paying for two years.

D'OH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment