Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, November 4, 2011

Location, Location, Location

Anyone who knows me very well at all knows that I suffer, verily I say, suffer from two hand maladies.  The first is that my hands get unnaturally cold in the winter.  The second is that I have small hands and short fingers.  When I say small, I mean small!  When I taught first grade I would amaze those six year olds by comparing my hands to their's and they would be the same size.  Sometimes their fingers would even be longer than mine!

So, about this time every year I start the search for the perfect glove or mitten to keep these two ice cubes that I call hands warm.  Most of the time I settle for a mitten because of the aforementioned unnaturally short fingers.  Burt sometimes the sight of a 57 year old memaw sporting  mittens is a bit much and I will venture out into that demon world of gloves.

My quest for the perfect hand warming apparel led me to Target this week.  I was ecstatic to see that they had some Isotoner gloves and mittens.  They were perfection.  Suede-like outer surface and lined with a fur-like (nod to PETA).  I settled on the mittens (I know, I know.  Fifty-seven year old memaw with mittens) after the gloves presented the problem I always have with gloves.  Fingers way to long for my little stumpy digits.

Now, I know you are thinking this is a lot of wordage about gloves.  But wait. There is a point to all this.  The gloves at Target were $20.00, a small price for warm hands.  But later on. I went out to the mall and visited an upscale store which shall remain nameless. (But if you live in Las Cruces, NM, you know the only such store in our mall.) And guess what?  They had the same exact gloves for...

Forty dollars!  $40.00!  Forty smackaroos!

What is going on with that?

It's all about location, location, location!

No comments:

Post a Comment