Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Enough Already

I will admit to a sort of morbid fascination with the Duggar family. The simple logistics of feeding, cleaning, and moving from one place to another of that many people interests me. The idea of the amount of dirty laundry produced by this small army of a family is amazing to me.  I mean, I have a difficult time taking care of just Danny Dearest and me much less a family the size of this.
So imagine my surprise this morning when on the Today show the Duggars announced that they were expecting their 20th child!  Twentieth child!

Now, I am very much in favor of EVERY woman having control of their reproductive rights.  But 20 children?  I've had classes that had less than 20 children and I know how much one on one attention each child received from me.  I do realize that I only had those students for 8 hours of the day while Michelle  and Jim Bob have their children for 24 hours, but I also did not have the myriad of chores that go with having children.  Laundry, feeding, etc. did not take any time from the children.

So my concern is how much attention will each child receive from their parents?

But, at the end of the day, it is their choice.

And, apparently my fascination continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment