Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Basic Black...No Way!

So as any avid reader of my blog ( and I know there are one or two of you out there), I have taken up running and hope to run in the Las Cruces Half Marathon on December 4.  Hope being the operative word.

But one little problem had developed.

My shoes had started rubbing a spot on my heel.  As a diabetic, that could become problematic. Diabetics are always hyper-vigilant about there feet.  Anything could become a sore that will not heal so Danny Dearest and I made a trip to the local running store.  And I picked up...
these bad bots. 

Just as a sidenote, because I know that you are worrying about this, my right ankle is black in this photo because I am wearing a brace on my stinky ankle.  I really wanted one that was pink with sparkles but, alas, they apparently only come in basic black.  I think I can have a second career designing ankle braces for people with some sort of fashion sense.  It is a thought.

But, back to my story.  The wise man at the running store told me I "pronate" when I run and I am a "heel-striker".  The result is that other than looking like a duck when I run, my shoes were rubbing my heal.  These new shoes are scientifically designed to prevent this.
See those little waves on the inside sole of the shoe?  That's the scientific way these shoes will solve all my running problems.

So I took my new scientific designed shoes out for a 8 mile run this morning and I am happy to report that they run like a dream.  I felt like I was flying and could run forever. I don't think I pronated as much and if I did my heel didn't hurt.

But we still need to work on that basic black ankle brace.

No comments:

Post a Comment