Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dust in the Wind

I attend a Bible study on Tuesday nights called Bible Study Fellowship (BSF).  This year we are studying Isaiah. Studying  Isaiah intimidates me only slightly less than, say, an in-depth study of Revelations. Shaking in my boots every week.

But this week a couple of verses jumped out at me and I had a epiphany (and no, it didn’t hurt) . Verses 23-24 state,” He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.  No sooner are they planted, no sooner are they sown, no sooner do they take root in the ground, than he blows on them and they wither, and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff.”

I starting thinking of all the leaders of the world past and present.  Caesar,  Churchill, Hitler, Abraham Lincoln, George Bush (1 and 2), Clinton, Reagan, Obama, etc.  I thought of all the honor and glory we have given these and other leaders.  God is so mighty that these leaders will be swept “away like chaff”.  When things are not going my way (or even going the way I want) during elections, I will remember that all of this is nothing by dust to be blown away by my Father.

                                              They are nothing but dust in the wind.
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment