Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 7, 2011

Give Me S'More Super Bowl

So…yesterday was the Super Bowl and I spent the day with friends.  My cooking prowess is well know in my social circle so normally I am asked to bring paper plates or chips (because there is NO WAY to mess that up). But this year I brought something that had to be cooked... that used heat... and a stove. After surfing the internet looking for something within my culinary abilities, I came upon S'More Brownies on the Betty Crocker website.  It had chocolate, marshmallows, and Betty said they were easy.  Betty wouldn't lie.  So, I decided to give them a whirl. Something this momentous surely needs documenting…

Step One.  Assemble the ingredients.
 As you can see, there are some fine "makin's" here.  If this goes horribly wrong, I can go sit in the corner and gorge myself on chocolate and marshmallows.

Step Two.  Prepare the mix according to the package instructions.
While this may seem like the no-brainer portion of this process for many of you, trust me when I say that I have been known to mess this stage up.  Let's just say I have, in the past, had to  to pick eggs out when I put too many in the batter.

Step Three.  Pour in pan.

Once again, a no-brainer for many people but not for me.
Step Four. Lick the bowl.
My PERSONAL favorite for any cooking process.
Step Five and Six. Cook. You think that step is obvious.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  When the brownies are done, REMOVE from oven (A very important step.  Don't ask me how I know, I just know.) and cover the brownies with marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers

Step Seven.  Return to oven under the broiler until the marshmallows are slightly toasted.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with broken chocolate bars.  And you will get something that looks like this!


Now, all you real cooks out there are probably scoffing at my little attempt to cook, but I am proud.  I cooked something that involved stirring, measuring, heat, and timing.  We need to have a moment of silence for this miracle. (moment of silence.)  You may now resume your inter-netting.

By the way, Betty didn't lie.  They were easy and delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment