Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Blanket in Time

A couple of months ago, I visited the local chapter of Project Linus on Make a Blanket day.  Project Linus, for those of you who don't know, has as its mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers."

I was fascinated.

I had taught myself to crochet when I was pregnant with Baby Susan.  I felt every baby needed something handmade from their mother.  Baby Susan's little crocheted baby wrap was made with love, if not with a lot skill.

But that was years ago and I had made some afghans that were not too shabby, so I thought I can do this.  I can make some baby afghans to donate.

And here are my first donations to Project Linus.
Maybe these will help some baby and its parents feel better in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment