Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This One? This One? No That One.

Anyone who knows me is aware that I am a confirmed shopaholic and a bit of a clothes horse.  In other words, I love to shop and try on and sometimes purchase clothes.  Nothing I like more on a Saturday then to go through clothing stores looking at items, trying them on,  and maybe bringing some home.  AAHHH! That is heaven to me.

But boutique owners in Australia have put a new twist on shopping. Several of these clothing establishments have decided to charge for trying on clothes!  That's right, a dressing room fee!

Let's walk through a recent shopping expedition of mine.  I took 3 shirts and 2 bottoms into a dressing room.  Bought nothing.  Went to another shop.  Took a dress and a top in the dressing room.  Bought nothing.  According to the article, I would be out upwards to $100 in dressing room fees!  That seriously cuts into my shopping budget! While it is true that I would be reimbursed my fee if I bought an article at the store, I don't always purchase what I try on.  Hence why I try them on.  If they don't fit I won't buy them.

So what do you think?  Would you pay a fee to try on clothes or is this a development that the Aussies should keep to themselves?



RETIREMENT COUNTDOWN:  45 days

No comments:

Post a Comment