Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Trails

I know that I haven't posted in a few days but I have been a social butterfly lately.  A veritable social butterfly I tell you.  All revolving around my upcoming retirement.

On Wednesday, ten on my teacher friends took me out to eat at a local eatery.  A eatery  would be a good choice since we were like EATING. If we needed cans I guess we could have visited a cannery. If we had needed a falcon or two we could have visited a rookery.  But we were hungry so we went to a eatery.

But I digress...

I ordered a CLT with sweet potato fries.

What is a CLT you ask? A CLT is like a a BLT with strips of pecan encrusted chile instead of bacon.  For my family and friends east of the Mississippi that read my little blog that is CHILE not CHILI.  CHILI is that red stuff from Texas that has meat and beans in it.   Usually it is served from a bowl.  CHILE is usually Big Jim (my preferred variety) chile that is roasted and, in this particular case, pecan encrusted and served with lettuce and tomato on a sandwich.  If you will come and visit me I will make sure you get a cheeseburger with plenty of strips of the green chile on top.  It is a little bit of heaven.

Hallelujah.

Anyway, after the food my sweet friends present me with a gift certificate to a local spa.

(Do these ladies know me or what?)

Hallelujah.  Hallelujah.


Then Thursday, the district had a ceremony honoring those teachers with 20 or more years and those retiring.

That would include me.  My name was called and I shook hands with the School Board members.
 Was hugged by Dr, Nava, our superintendent
.
 Given my plaque and that was that.


And the irony of the situation?  Even though I have my plaque, have been hugged, and honored for my service, I'm not through.  I have to go back this week through Friday.  We have students Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday is a workday.
But when of work time arrives on Friday...

Hallelujah.  Hallelujah.  Hallelujah.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment