Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 6, 2011

Four Mothers and a Baby

In honor of  Mother's Day I would like to present...

Five generations of women in my family.  This is Granny Grunt (the one rocking the red dress in the middle), MommyGran (the one to the left), Baby Susan (holding Miss Emily), and me (the tall one in the back).

This picture makes me happy for so many reasons.  Mainly because it has four of my favorite people in it.  I love that Miss Emily is a newborn and looks just a tiny bit like a worm. We wanted Granny Grunt to hold her for the picture but Miss Emily was having nothing to do with that!  She cried until she got what she wanted, her mommy.   A behavior Miss Emily continued for several years.

(Just a sidenote.  This  picture was taken before my current attempts at fitness.  And  this Saturday I will be running a 5K run in El Paso.  My goal is to finish with some sort of running/jogging motion.  For all you hard core fitness types out there, this may seem a little namby pamby but for me this is my goal.  I suspect I will be back Monday with a blow by blow update of my day).

But back to the topic at hand, my beautiful 5 generations picture.

This picture always makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment