Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pretty. Shiny. Sparkly.

So Danny accuses  me of having a problem.  He calls it "Shiny Object Disease".

In reality, all that happens is that I am easily distracted.  When having a conversation with someone, I am liable to veer of track and introduce another unrelated topic He seems to think that is sort of like talking to Dug in this scene from"UP".


Sometimes he calls me Doug. I wonder why?

Actually I think it is a sign of superior intelligence to be able to converse about two things at once.

And I do admit that "shiny objects" in the form of jewelry do distract or attract me, depending on your point of view.  I like all forms of sparklies that involve jewelry.  Pretty sparkly jewelry. Pretty, pretty, sparkly jewelry.

Perhaps window displays are designed for people like me.  I can be attracted by this window displays.  Pretty window displays.  Pretty, pretty, window displays.

Apparently my Shiny Object Disease can be traced to early on in my life.  My mother has told me that she recalls an incident when, as a small child, I was setting outside with a shiny bracelet when a bird flew down and snatched my shiny bracelet and took it up to its nest.  My mom said I screamed because my shiny object was gone.


I think that in this photo I am entranced by a shiny object that the photographer is using to make me smile.  I don't know that for a fact but it seems probable. Look at my eyes. Look at the expression on my face.  It's obvious that I want something that is just out of camera range.  I bet it was shiny and flashy and sparkly.

 On second thought, perhaps I do have a touch of  Shiny Object Disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment