Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some People Never Learn


If you are a regular reader of my little blog, you know that I recently ran AND completed a 5K race.  I finished one person out of getting a medal in my age division (the old woman's division) and that just whetted my appetite for a sparkly medal. See my post about my love of all things sparkly.

So what's a middle aged, slow, woman to do?

Why, register for another 5K., of course!

So I looked for 5Ks in the area and settled on one that had a portion of the proceeds going to the Wounded Warrion Project.  The goals of the Wounded Warrior Project are 1) raise awareness and enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members; 2) help injured service members aid and assist each other; 3) provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.

This sounds like a great project to which to contribute.

So I signed up.

Then I took a look at the course.

Mile and one and half up hill.  Turn around.  Mile and one half down hill.

I'm not worried about the downhill part.  I seem to sprout metaphorical wings on the downhill part and fly!

(Well, what passes for flying for me).

Let's repeat the first part for emphasis...ONE AND ONE HALF MILES UPHILL!!!

Please pray for my legs.

But the uphill scares me to death!  Gravity and old age seem to work against me.  But I will persevere and maybe win a sparkly for myself.
  I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment