Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Will the Excitement Never End?

Because of a doctor's appointment I did not go to work today.  Actually I could have worked this morning but substitutes don't like working half days they want full day sub jobs so I had to take a full day off for an afternoon appointment.  Read that correctly HAD TO  take a full day off.  No choice.  Out of my hands.

And before you judge,when I retire in two weeks I will have over 90 days of sick leave.  That I lose. I get nothing for them.  Nothing.

So I not a slacker that just takes off...whenever.

But anyway, I was looking forward to sleeping past that 5:15 am alarm but there was one flaw in  my plan.  Danny.  Yes, Danny.  He "forgot" that I did not have to get this glorious morning and left the radio alarm on and turned on the light.

I was awake.

At 5:15 on a day I didn't have to go to work.

This is not me but accurately represents how I felt this morning.
But I am one not to hold a grudge (be quiet Danny and  Baby Susan) and decided to make lemons out of lemonade or some sort of nonsense, and got up.  I did my morning rum (Baby Susan informed me of this typo.  It should say RUN. See her comment below.) of 5 miles and came home and watched daytime television.  Oh my!  I will have to find something to do when I retire or I may go screaming down the road after watching daytime television.

The  I went to the doctor appointment for which I stayed home.  All is fine except my cholesterol. Got to get those levels down.

So that was my day.  Will the excitement never end?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, didn't know you took in some morning RUM. You learn something about your parents everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever gets me through the day. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete