Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sparkly Shoe Saga

Shiny, shiny, sparkly, pretty.

We all know my love for all things sparkly, so its no surprise when I saw some beautiful sparkly shoes at Wal-Mart on Saturday, I had to purchase them.

So along with $100 worth of food and sundries, I purchased my sparkly, sparkly shoes.

But when I got home and unpacked all my Wal-mart bags...NO SHOES!!

No sparkly, shiny shoes.

I immediately got in my trusty automobile and rushed back to Wal-Mart to see is I had left my bag at the check-out.  I rushed up to Customer Services and asked if my bag containing my sparkly shoes (and, by the way, lotion and sunscreen) was waiting there.

It wasn't.

The helpful lady at the Customer Service said that they would have to check the video tape to see if I had left the bag containing my sparkly shoes had been left behind and picked up by the people behind me.  They would get to it in about ten minutes.  Coiuld they have my phome number, please.

I went home and waited.  And waited.  And waited.

Finally, I looked and Danny and said that I knew I was never going to see my sparkly, sparkly shoes again.Could we please go to the OTHER Wal-Mart (yes, we are a two Wal-Mart town) and get me some more sparkly, spakly shoes. 

He agreed.

We drove to the other Wal-Mart and ...they had NO sparkly, sparkly shoes.

I decided God didn't want me to have sparkly, sparkly shoes.

But I had forgotten that God works in his own speed and time.

During church on Sunday, Wal-Mart Customer Service called me (yes, I had my phone on silent) to tell me that the video had indeed been checked.  and, yes, I had left my items behind.  If I returned, picked up the missing items, and brought them to Customer Service, I could have them.

So now I have my sparkly, sparkly shoes.
Hallelujah and amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment