Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

GrannyGrunt

So, this is how I remember my Grandma.
I always called her Grandma.  But when Baby Susan was little, my Dad teasingly told her to call my Grandma GrannyGrunt.  Baby Susan thought it was cute so it stuck.  From that moment on my Grandma was GrannyGrunt.

GrannyGrunt died at the age of 82 on July 30, 2002.

The other day I was going through some pictures and ran across this.,
This is also GrannyGrunt albeit a long time ago. She is standing in front of their house out in the county

I don't ever remember GrannyGrunt like this. She is so young. She is wearing a snazzy belt and what looks like a bracelet on one arm.  Look at the hand on her hip and the way she is looking at the camera.She looks like she could take on the whole world.

The two girls in the doorway?  The one in the white socks is my mom.

And the kicker is that when that house in the background was going to be torn down my Dad saved some of the wood and made me a bench out of some of that wood.
It's like a have a piece of my grandma and mom with me all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment