Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Underdog and Baseball

So, if you read yesterday's post you know that I have been suffering from an especially intense form of intestinal distress.  I did go to work today but soon realized that it was a very bad idea for me to be there.  So I called the office and asked for someone to relieve me so I could go home.  I knew that I needed to tell my first graders that I would be leaving for the day.

So I told my class that I was not filling well and I thought I would go home and go to bed.  One of the little darlings piped up with, "You don't go to bed when you are sick.  You lay on the couch and watch cartoons!"
Her friend then added,"Yeah.  You watch Underdog!"

So this is for my little ones at school...

The Underdog my students probably know.



The Underdog I remember.
















On another note, as many of you know I am planning to retire this year.  As the time gets closer, I am tending to get a little sentimental about teaching.  You know, this is my last Christmas party, last Valentine's Party, or Spring Break.  Today my last evaluation was scheduled (It was canceled.  But that's another story.) and I was feeling a little misty eyed about it on Wednesday night.
So, in my best 'I'm kinda sad' voice I asked Danny,"Do you know what tomorrow is?"

And guess what my compassion husband said, "Opening Day."

Yep, Major League Baseball started today.

I feel so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment