Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 18, 2011

What ? Me Simplify?

So, if you will look to the right on my blog you will see a button that shows that  I decided to take the challenge over at SimpleMom.net to simplify, organize, and declutter my house and life.  True, I'm joining a week late.  But that's me, a day late and a dollar short.

This week's challenge was to work on a spot where paper grows.  For me that would be me computer area.  Presenting a before picture.









Now that looks a pretty mess now doesn't it?  Papers stacked haphazardly.  Cords everywhere.  Cups filled with coins and various electronics.  And the kicker?  This fine mess IS IN MY LIVING ROOM.  Yes, this is among the first things you see when you walk in.  What a way to make a first impression.
 
And that's not all.  Under my table is this "organizer" that is filled to overflowing.









So I dug in.  It was like a treasure hunt.  Look what I found.


 Books I have been meaning to read and could not find.  And, perhaps the most valuable find, my teaching license.  Do you think it might be nice to know where that is located?

So after a lot of work this is what it looks like now.










Looks tons better.  A neat clean work space that is not too embarrassing to have in the front room.

Now if we could just do something about Danny's space...

No comments:

Post a Comment