Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, October 6, 2011

And Now For the Rest of the Story

Several years ago, I had an epiphany. 

I had a weight program.  A severe weight problem. It was not going away.  So, on January 2, I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting.  And that began a journey that led to a 70 pound weight loss.

I increased my activity level and started walking.  And walking.  And walking.  Eventually I began to run  short distances.  And I ran.  And I ran.  And soon I could run a 5K race.

With the weight loss and running my health began to get better.  My diabetes was completely under control.  I was able to stop many of my blood pressure medications.  Life was good.

And I got a little cocky.  I began to feel that I could do it all on my own.  I knew how to manage my weight and fitness levels.  So I quit going to Weight Watchers.

Mistake.

The weight began to creep back on.  I first I denied it.  It was, after all only a few pounds.  After a long, hard look at myself, I realized that if I didn't get control of this RIGHT NOW, I would gain every pound back and lose all the health gains that I had made.

So yesterday I joined Weight Watchers again.  On this blog I will be honest about my progress, both the highs and lows. I want you, oh bloggysphere, to be one more person to whom I am accountable.  Accountable for the chili cheese fries at a ballgame.  Accountable for the chips and salsa.  Accountable for the late night TV snacks.

I'm not trying to look like I did at twenty (talk about impossible) but I want to maintain the gains in health that I have made in the last couple of years. 

So, here we go on that old roller coaster ride again!  Hang On!

No comments:

Post a Comment