Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 10, 2011

And the Fun Just Keeps on Coming

So Danny Dearest and I are at the end of a three day weekend (for him, not me.  Since he is still employed and I am like RETIRED) and we have hit a new high (or low, depending on how you look at it) in boredom.  But let's start at the beginning and work to the end.

(Do you think I am using to many parentheses?)

Actually, the weekend starting Friday morning because Danny Dearest was off from work because at White Sands Missile Range they work a compressed work week and he works extra time every day and gets every other Friday off.  It supposed to save energy.

Whatever. He was home instead of being at work.

Highlight of the day, we went to a movie.

Saturday, Danny Dearest got up and rode 50+ miles on his bike and I ran 4 miles.  Danny Dearest did have a rather spectacular fall on his bike.  Apparently his riding buddy fell and Danny Dearest decided to also fall in a show of solidarity with his biking brother.  Actually, I think Danny Dearest just couldn't stop and fell.  Both biking buddies walked, or rode, away with minor scrapes and bruises.  And a better understanding for the perils of biking when you are over 50.
Danny Dearest on his bike.


Sunday we went to church and then went to Wendy's for lunch.  I do highly recommend the Apple Walnut Salad at Wendy's.  It has apples, walnuts, (figures, hence the name) chicken, and a pomegranate dressing.  If you are watching what you eat, this is a good one.
YUM!!!

Then we came home and read. And went to bed.

Now it is Monday morning and I don't foresee anything very exciting to celebrate Columbus Day.  Danny Dearest will probably go on a bike ride and I will run.  We are just too exciting for words.

And I love every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment