Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, October 23, 2011

BIG Announcement!

So if you have been reading my little blog, you know that I have been trying to increase my running mileage while keeping  my blood sugar consistent. 

It has not been an easy task.

Some days went better than others.  I have had blood sugar crashes and rises (?) from the exercise.  Long distance running while dealing with Type 2 Diabetes is a daunting task.

Well, now I am ready to make my big announcement as to why I have been doing this.
I hope to run the Las Cruces Half Marathon on December 4.  That is, if I can stay injury and sickness free (not an easy thing for a 57 year old memaw). 

My goal for this run is simple...finish.  I just want to finish while still standing upright. 

Of course, I may crawl across the finish line.

It could happen. But I would much more rather RUN across that finish line.

I think I need you prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment