Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fight Like a Girl

If you are a regular reader of my little blog you know that a few days ago I had an experience in which my diabetes got the better of me while I was running. 

It knocked my down.

But if you know me, you know that I didn't stay down. I have spent countless hours with Dr. Google and Nurse Internet and have patched together a plan of attack.  It consists of more rigorous checking of blood sugar, hydration while running, and glucose tablets.  I have had two 5 mile runs since last Tuesday with no problems.

Well there is one problem.  When I pack up my meter, strips, glucose tablets, etc. for my runs, I feel a little like a pack mule instead of a swift gazelle.  But I am working on my efficient methods of lugging all my diabetic junk along on my runs.

So, in the meantime, this is my mantra.
I have fought diabetes for 14 years and it will NOT get the best of me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment